The Go Bamboo Veggie Brush is made from a bamboo handle with bass fibre bristles, packaged with a recycled cardboard swing tag attached with a jute string.
Some Interesting Facts
– Bamboo is a grass, is native to China, can grow up to a meter a day, is not irrigated, and does not need pesticides or fertilisers
– Biodegradable items do not biodegrade well in landfill due to a lack of oxygen. A hot dog was found intact in landfill after 25 years. A newspaper was still readable after 50 years.
– Lack of oxygen in landfill causes organic material to breakdown anaerobically producing methane gas, a more potent greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide.
– As far as we can tell plastic lasts forever in the natural environment.
– Small plastic items such as bottle tops, clothes pegs, lighters, plastic cutlery etc., are either blown, directly thrown, or are lifted by rainwater and carried into the storm water system. This puts them into streams and rivers that lead to the sea. Winds and currents move floating debris to areas of relative still, these areas are called gyres and they slowly rotate collecting more floating debris.