ABOUT OUR LOCAL SUSTAINABLE STORES
We have two stores in Auckland. Our main shop is at 7/104 Central Park Drive, Henderson. Our second shop is at Ranui, located within the precincts of Eco-Friendly Village, Earthsong, at 455 Swanson Road.
Our stores sell PRE-LOVED CLOTHING; UP-CYCLED CLOTHING; HOUSEHOLD ITEMS; BAGS; MASKS; ECO-FRIENDLY PRODUCTS for mind, body and soul.
We call ourselves sustainable because we believe in the need for our world and our people to be self-sufficient through environmentally friendly initiatives that promote ecological well-being and self-reliance of those who contribute.
Every dollar spent at our stores by our patrons will contribute to furthering sustainability.
THE 4 R INITIATIVE
Our work is modelled around the 4Rs. They are:
- Re-cycle – We recycle donated items
- Re-invent – We repurpose the old
- Re-use: Use what was once loved
- Re-duce: What was meant for landfill
OUR VALUE-BASED PROJECTS
Our projects have a multi-pronged approach targeted at women’s empowerment and sustainable development:
- To re-purpose and up-cycle used and donated goods (much of which would otherwise be headed for the landfill) into saleable commodities
- To provide life skills and entrepreneurial development pathways for vulnerable women in the community including survivors of abuse and violence