YOUR LOCAL OP-SHOP AND SUSTAINABLE STORE
PRE-LOVED CLOTHING | UP-CYCLED PRODUCTS | HOMEWARE | MASKS | ECO-FRIENDLY BEAUTY AND HOME PRODUCTS
SUSTINNOWORX has two stores in Auckland: Our main shop is at 7/104 Central Park Drive, Henderson. Our second shop is at Ranui, located within the precincts of Eco-Friendly Village, Earthsong, at 455 Swanson Road
At SUSTINNOWORX we believe in creating regenerative communities through environmentally friendly initiatives that promote ecological well-being and self-reliance of those who contribute.
Every dollar spent at our stores by our patrons will contribute to furthering sustainability, community resilience and the wellbeing of individuals.
THE 4 R INITIATIVE
Our work is modelled around the 4Rs. They are:
- Re-cycle – We recycle donated items
- Re-invent – We repurpose the old
- Re-use: Use what was once loved
- Re-duce: What was meant for landfill
OUR VALUE-BASED PROJECTS
Our projects have a multi-pronged approach targeted at women’s empowerment and sustainable development:
- To re-purpose and up-cycle used and donated goods (much of which would otherwise be headed for the landfill) into saleable commodities
- To provide life skills and entrepreneurial development pathways for vulnerable women in the community including survivors of abuse and violence
Sustinnoworx was co-founded by Laurel Ray and Sabidah Gillespie. Sabidah is the initiator of the 4R program at Sustinnoworx.
Laurel was the store manager of Sustinnoworx for 5 years before sadly passing in late July 2022. She is celebrated and sadly missed for her passionate contribution to Sustinnoworx and the clients she worked with. Laurel was integral in many SDETAT clients securing work after surviving domestic violence and becoming independent. Her legacy lives on in their success and happiness.